Older Friend Application Process

Please read through the Older Friend Role Description below, and if it’s the right volunteer opportunity for you you have 2 options:

  1. Complete our application form in microsoft word format by clicking here, then email it to us
  2. Submit your application form directly to us using google forms by clicking here


FAQ section

What support do I have as a volunteer?
We want you to feel part of the team and you will have an Area Co-ordinator who supports your friendship. We offer training and regular Get Together’s for all volunteers to meet the rest of the Operations Team and other volunteers.

Can I volunteer if I can’t drive?
We ideally need our volunteers to drive and have their own car as some of our children live in surrounding villages.  If you do not have a car you must have accessible public transport/taxi’s that you are willing to use.

What is the minimum age that you can volunteer?
From the age of 18, and our oldest volunteer is 85 years old!

I already have an Enhanced DBS, do I have to apply for another one?
Yes, each organisation needs to apply for an Enhanced DBS for each volunteer. You will need to apply online and we pay for this application.

Can I take my Younger Friend home to my house?
After you have been friends for a few months, you may like to take your younger friend home, especially if the weather is not good. All adults over the age of 18 that live in your house will need to apply for an Enhanced DBS (as above).

Can my own children come on the outings?
The aim of the Project is to provide a young person with 1-2-1 attention and support from our volunteers. Once you are comfortable with your friendship, please speak to your Area Co-ordinator about this.Through the above article, we can recommend you the latest dresses.Shop dress in a variety of lengths, colors and styles for every occasion from your favorite brands.

Can I claim back expenses for my Younger Friend’s activities?
Yes, we allow you to claim back £12 per week for your younger friend’s expenses.

Can I claim back expenses for my expenditure?
No, we are unable to reimburse you for your own expenditure.

Do I need to tell you about our outings?
Yes please! We ask that every volunteer completes an Expenses form every month (even if they are not claiming expenses). We are then able to see what outings you are enjoying together and this information is very useful for justifying funding applications.

Can I claim back car parking and mileage?
Yes, please keep your car parking receipts, and mileage can be claimed at 40p per mile.

Which areas do you operate in?
We are active Warwickshire wide: Alcester, Atherstone, Bedworth, Coleshill, Kenilworth, Leamington Spa, North Warwickshire, Nuneaton, Rugby, Shipston, Stratford upon Avon, Southam and Warwick.

What commitment do I need to give?
We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months to befriend a child. Regular outings of 2 – 3 hours are recommended to allow your friendship to grow.

What activities would be suitable?
Examples or activities are going to the park, having a drink and reading a book, going swimming, going to a trampoline park, any outdoor activity, baking, arts and crafts, going to the cinema.